Asia continent -Biggest Continent Of World
It is 30.6% of the total area of the world. It extends between 11 ° south latitude to 81 ° northern latitude and 25 ° eastward to 170 ° east longitude. The 90 ° east longitudinal line almost passes through it.
On its north lies the snow-capped North Ocean, the vast Pacific Ocean in the east and the Indian Ocean in the south.
The Mediterranean separates Asia from the Suez Canal and the Red Sea from Africa, the New Guinea islands from Australia, and the Ural Mountains, the Caspian Sea, the Caucasus Mountains and the Kalasagar from Europe. Asia also ranks first in the world in terms of population.
Asia divided into the following five regions
Asia Countries And Regions
South Asia Country – India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Afghanistan. goes
Western Asia Country – Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan Yemen, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Oman. Turkey is located in both Asia and Europe continents.
East Asia – China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, North Korea
Central Asia Country – Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.
South East Asia Country – Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
The largest cotton textile factory in China is in Shanghai City. Shanghai is called Manchester of China. Paper was invented in China.
Japan ranks third after China and the United States in paper production in the world.
• The longest road in Japan is from Tokyo to Kyoto. The most important railway route is from Tokyo to Osaka. The electric trains plying on this route are the fastest trains in the world.
• Hot Spices: Hot spices are produced in South Eastern countries of Asia, South India and Sri Lanka. The island of Malacca in Indonesia is called the ‘Island of Samples’.
• Iran’s carpet is world famous. Isfaan is Iran’s largest center of cotton textile busin
what are the 48 countries in asia
• Iran has the world’s highest natural gas reserves. Agajari and Pajjan have huge gas reserves. Iran’s Abadan is the world’s largest oil refinery.
• Saudi Arabia ranks first in the world in mineral oil reserves, production and export.
• Bhutan in the north-east of India is called ‘Land of Thunderbolr‘.
• Bhutan’s borders Tibet (China) and India’s Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Pt. Bengal and Sikkim meet.
Sri Lanka is referred to as ‘Isle of Gems‘, ‘Pearl of orient’ and ‘Garden of Paradise’. Its former name was Ceylon.
• Pakistan is called the ‘country of canals’. Pakistan borders Lagti to India, Iran and Afghanistan. To its north is the Hindukush mountain and to the south is the Arabian Sea.
19 interesting facts about asia
• The coast of the Red Sea of Saudi Arabia is called ‘Hell with the sundown’.
• Sharjah is the main city of the United Arab Emirates. Sharjah Stadium is famous for cricket.
Also called Turky’s ‘Gateway to Asia’. Turco is located at the confluence of the continents of Asia, Europe and Africa. Some north-western part of this country comes under the continent of Europe.
It has three sides – the Black Sea in the north, the Aegean Sea in the west and the Mediterranean Sea in the south.
• The main language of China is Mandarin. China made amazing progress in 1958. Therefore, this year is called The Year of the Big Leap.
Great Wall of China: 2400 km The Great Wall of Long China is one of the Seven Wonders of the World
• Grand Canal: This canal of China extends to Blaker Hongchau in Titinson near Beijing in eastern China. It is a major route for water transport.
• Great Rift Valley: This is the world famous land fault valley of Jordan River, which is called as El-Ghor.